Following the most recent Government advice and to protect our clients and staff, our branches are now closed – hopefully not for too long.
We’re still here to help and members of our team are now working from home, answering calls and responding to emails Monday – Friday between 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Our phones have been diverted, so please call your local branch number. Any specific tenant and landlord queries should be directed to our Property Management department.
As local property experts, we know there’s no place like home – now, more than ever.
Stay in yours, keep safe and we hope to see you soon.
The Property Centre Team
Useful information for all our clients
Vendors, buyers and those looking to buy
- If you have Sold STC or had an offer accepted on one of our properties STC, our home-based team is progressing your sale and striving to get it completed as soon as possible. Our phones have been diverted so please ring your local office number for updates.
- In accordance with the Government's recent directive, we are unable to conduct any viewings at this time.
- If you are unwell or self-isolating, or if any member of your household is unwell or self-isolating, please inform our Property Management team immediately.
- If you are experiencing any problems with payment of your rent, please contact us as soon as possible. Each Landlord has their own individual circumstances and any rent review requests need to be made on an individual landlord by landlord basis. In the meantime, please apply for Universal Credit asap https://www.understandinguniversalcredit.gov.uk/coronavirus/, notify our Property Management team on 01452 888060 and provide a letter from your employer, confirming that you will only be paid Statutory Sick Pay. We understand and appreciate these are uncertain times and we understand your concerns. Please be assured that we are regularly monitoring government advice for renters. As it currently stands, your rent will continue to be due in full, unless we are advised otherwise or are contacted by your landlord.
- Please note that, until further notice, only emergency maintenance to the property you are renting will be carried out. Please contact our Property Management team who will be able to advise.
When registering a maintenance issue via Fixflo, please provide answers to the following questions in the Further Notes section:
- Do you or anyone occupying the property have any symptoms of Coronavirus infection (COVID-19) however mild? (symptoms include a new continuous cough and/or high temperature)
- Are you or anyone occupying the property in the process of being tested for Coronavirus infection (COVID-19)?
- Are you or anyone in the property self-isolating due to suspecting Coronavirus infection (COVID-19)?
- Have you or anyone occupying the property been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for coronavirus infection (COVID-19)?
- If contractors need to access your property, please note that they will only do so in accordance with government guidelines. You will be notified in advance of any need to access your property.
- General property visits have been suspended until further notice
- If you are due to vacate a property, please contact our Property Management team for more information.
- If you are unsure of anything or have any queries contact Property Management on 01452 888 060 option 1
- Tenancy applications are on hold until further notice. For pre-arranged tenancy move-ins, please contact the Property Management team for further details
- If you choose to withdraw your application, please be aware that part of your holding fee may be retained
- We will continue to advise our Tenants of their obligations and to direct them to Universal Credit, if applicable
- Statements and payments will continue to be made as usual
- General property visits have been cancelled for the foreseeable future
- In accordance with the Government's most recent directive, emergency maintenance will be dealt with as a priority in order to protect the health and safety of all parties
- At this time, we are unable to give timescales for any non-emergency maintenance
- We are constantly monitoring the Government’s advice and are following government guidelines and recommendations to remain compliant
- Check outs and inventories continue to be carried out
- If you have any queries, please contact our Property Management team on 01452 888060, the select Option 1
- Any Buy-to-Let mortgage “holidays” will need to be pursued with your own mortgage lender
- The Government has proposed a halt to Section 21 possession proceedings going ahead for 3 months if a tenant is in rent arrears due to the Coronavirus. In the event of a tenant advising us on their inability to pay their rent due to the Coronavirus, we are asking them to provide a letter from their employer, confirming they are only being paid Statutory Sick Pay.