Following the most recent Government advice, we have reopened our branches and are able to carry out viewings and valuations on properties for sale and to let.
The health and well-being of our staff and our customers remains our number one priority and all appointments are being carried out in strict accordance with government guidelines, taking all necessary precautions. We recommend, however, that all prospective purchasers and tenants make use of our virtual viewing service prior to booking a viewing in person.
Useful information for all our clients
- If you are unwell or self-isolating, or if any member of your household is unwell or self-isolating, please inform our team and we will suspend all viewings until it is safe to resume these.
- We have devised a company safe viewing policy, which we are asking all our viewers to adhere to. As the Vendor, all we ask from you is that, wherever possible, you vacate your property whilst we conduct viewings and that you leave all internal doors open prior to us arriving.
- If you have Sold STC or had an offer accepted on one of our properties STC, our team is progressing your sale and striving to get it completed as soon as possible. Please contact your local branch for updates.
Buyers and those looking to buy
- If you are unwell, or if any member of your household is unwell or self-isolating, please inform our team. You will not be able to view any properties.
- We have devised a company safe viewing policy, which we are asking all our viewers to adhere to.
- If you are unwell or self-isolating, or if any member of your household is unwell or self-isolating, please inform our Property Management team immediately.
- If you are experiencing any problems with payment of your rent, please contact us as soon as possible. Each Landlord has their own individual circumstances and any rent review requests need to be made on an individual landlord by landlord basis. In the meantime, please apply for Universal Credit asap https://www.understandinguniversalcredit.gov.uk/coronavirus/, notify our Property Management team on 01452 888060 and provide a letter from your employer, confirming that you will only be paid Statutory Sick Pay. We understand and appreciate these are uncertain times and we understand your concerns. Please be assured that we are regularly monitoring government advice for renters. As it currently stands, your rent will continue to be due in full, unless we are advised otherwise or are contacted by your landlord.
When registering a maintenance issue via Fixflo, please provide answers to the following questions in the Further Notes section:
- Do you or anyone occupying the property have any symptoms of Coronavirus infection (COVID-19) however mild? (symptoms include a new continuous cough and/or high temperature)
- Are you or anyone occupying the property in the process of being tested for Coronavirus infection (COVID-19)?
- Are you or anyone in the property self-isolating due to suspecting Coronavirus infection (COVID-19)?
- Have you or anyone occupying the property been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for coronavirus infection (COVID-19)?
- If contractors need to access your property, please note that they will only do so in accordance with government guidelines. You will be notified in advance of any need to access your property.
- General property visits have been suspended until 1 June
- If you are due to vacate a property, please contact our Property Management team for more information.
- If you are unsure of anything or have any queries contact Property Management on 01452 888 060 option 1
- For all tenancy applications and tenancy move-ins, please contact the Property Management team for further details
- If you choose to withdraw your application, please be aware that part of your holding fee may be retained
- We will continue to advise our Tenants of their obligations and to direct them to Universal Credit, if applicable
- Statements and payments will continue to be made as usual
- Property Visits have resumed as normal, if tenants are not able to give us access for health reasons or if they are self-isolating a virtual report will be sent to the tenant to complete
- In accordance with the Government's most recent directive, emergency maintenance will be dealt with as a priority in order to protect the health and safety of all parties
- Non-emergency works have resumed, subject to availability of materials
- We are constantly monitoring the Government’s advice and are following government guidelines and recommendations to remain compliant
- Check outs and inventories continue to be carried out - but we have to leave 72 hours from keys being returned before attending to do the check out
- If you have any queries, please contact our Property Management team on 01452 888060, then select Option 1
- Any Buy-to-Let mortgage “holidays” will need to be pursued with your own mortgage lender
- The Government has proposed a halt to Section 21 possession proceedings going ahead for 3 months if a tenant is in rent arrears due to the Coronavirus. In the event of a tenant advising us on their inability to pay their rent due to the Coronavirus, we are asking them to provide a letter from their employer, confirming they are only being paid Statutory Sick Pay. Possession proceedings will resume from 24th August 2020